School Mission Statement
We will be good students, good friends and good people.
The PS 185 paid after school program provides a safe, fun, and nurturing environment for students from after school until 5:00 PM each day school is in session. The program does not operate on school holidays, half days, or weekends. This is a self-supporting program and we receive no funding from the DOE.
Students are supervised by PS 185 teachers and/or staff members. Time is allotted to complete homework and snack is provided. Physical activity is part of the after school program. It may include free play outside (weather permitting), structured games, or both.
An application is available on our website each month. Simply check off the days your child will attend and the time you will pick up, and return the completed application with payment (check payable to: PS 185).
A few things to keep in mind:
No same day drop ins (For emergeny situations, notify the Main Office at: 20K185@schools.nyc.gov or call 718-745-6610 to make arrangments)
The program is staffed based on the number of students that sign up. We cannot offer a refund/or credit for students that are absent.
Any questions, please contact the Main Office at: 20K185@schools.nyc.gov
The NYC DOE reset passwords over the summer. If you are having trouble accessing your @nycstudents.net account, there are a few different ways you can reset your DOE password:
1. Reset it yourself through the Student Self-Service tool. To use the Student Self-Service tool you must have created a PIN or set up security questions. If you have not done either, see option 2. Through this method, you can reset your own password once every 30 days.
2. You reset it through NYCSA. If you don't have a NYCSA account, contact Mrs. Maguire at email@example.com, she can provide you with a creation code to create your account.
PIN Set Up
By default, a PIN is not set for your account. There is NO UNIVERSAL PIN for your school. You must create a PIN yourself.
To create your PIN:
1. Sign in to the Student Self- Service tool with your DOE username and password.
2. Go to the left menu bar, and click on Pin Reset (this applies for creating a new PIN).
3. Enter a PIN.
4. Confirm your PIN by entering it again.
5. Click on Save Changes.
6. That's it. An email will be sent to your DOE account to confirm you created a PIN.
Please note that PINs are optional for your DOE account. However, if you do not create a PIN, you will not be able to use the self-service tool to reset your password. If you feel like it would be hard to remember your PIN, or you are the parent of a young student, we recommend resetting your password through NYCSA.
Like a PIN, security questions are, by default, not set up. You must set them up. To set up security questions:
1. Sign in to the Student Self-Service tool with your DOE username and Password
2. Go to the left menu bar, and click on Security Questions.
3. Select and answer three questions of your choosing. Make sure you choose answers that you will remember.
4. Enter your password.
5. Click on Save Changes.
6. That's it. An email will be sent to your DOE account to confirm you set up security questions.
A way for parents to change the password for the @nycstudents.net is by logging into your NYSCA account (www.mystudent.nyc)That is the account where you find your child's grade, attendance, report cards. When you go to the Manage Account tab, under Menu there will be a tab STUDENT PASSWORD, you will click on that and it will bring you to the password reset page.
NYCDOE IT Service Desk: (718) 935-5100
For parent or guardian tech help - select option #2
Join our school remind to receive notifications and announcements during the school year texting
@ps185w to 81010
or by clicking the link below
STATEMENT ON ACCESSIBILITY:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines . If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site